Event Hotels understands that from time-to-time your booking may be affected by weather or natural disasters that are not planned. In such cases, we make every possible effort to keep you informed and to provide you with the level of service that you require so that you can manage your bookings and plan around these unforeseen circumstances. If a Travel Advisory exists, we will display details about the advisory, how your booking may be affected and the process for how to proceed with as little stress and inconvenience as possible.
As a guest of Event Hotels we appreciate your loyalty and the trust you place in us as a travel partner. Recognizing the ongoing and increased uncertainty that coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing around the world, our highest priority is the health and wellbeing of our guests and employees. With that in mind we wanted to update you on the actions we have taken in response to the outbreak.
Measures that are taken for your safety by all Event Hotels in Europe
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: Event Hotels Corporate and regional teams are on standby 24/7 to support the hotels and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
- Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
Actions in COVID-19 suspected cases
How do we deal with guests that show the symptoms that are typically associated with the corona virus and come to us to ask for help?
- We will send hotel guests to their rooms
- We try to isolate non-guests as good as possible
- We will call a doctor or ambulance who will then take the necessary measures
What should be done if there is a suspicion that an infection is present in an employee?
- Please contact your doctor or other relevant authorities immediately
- Your doctor will arrange all further measures after examining you
- Your doctor will also decide how to proceed with sick leave, etc.
The current situation has a massive impact on business travel, not only here, but worldwide. We fully understand that you, as a longtime partner, will abstain from business trips/follow the travel restrictions from your company. We will process cancellations according to our terms of service. We hope that we will see a positive developement in the near future and we will look forward to welcoming you as our guest again soon.
The current situation has a massive impact on travel worldwide. We fully understand that you, as a longtime partner, will abstain from traveling right now. We will process cancellations according to our terms of service. We hope that we will see a positive developement in the near future and we will look forward to welcoming you as our guest again soon.